Image by Amanda Carotenuto
We accept short stories, poems, memoirs, and any form of creative writing. We do not accept school essays or newspaper articles. Please send works no more than 1,200 words, which is a little less than 3 pages single-spaced. You will receive a confirmation or rejection email once we have gone through all the submissions.
- Create your submission in Google Docs. The document title should be the same as the title of your piece.
- Share your submission with firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us permission to edit.
- Include the following information in the text box where it says “add a note”
- Title of piece: Untitled is acceptable.
- Name of author: This name is how you will be printed in the magazine. So, if your name is Janthea Doe but you go by Jane, please write “Jane Doe”.
- Sharing Permission: Are you okay having your work used for advertising by Window Seat? This means it may be posted on the website or used for promotional material. First and last name will be given for credit. You can type yes or no.
- Revision Help: Would you like to get feedback from a Window Seat officer about your piece? You will not be required to make changes to your piece, though you will be given time to incorporate changes if you want. You can type yes or no.
- Repeat for all writing submissions. Make each submission its own document.
Thank you for your submission! You’ll hear from us soon.